First Time Home Buyers' Program
The First Time Home Buyers' Program reduces or eliminates the amount of property transfer tax you pay when you purchase your first home. To qualify for a full exemption, at the time the property is registered you must:
- be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
- have lived in B.C. for 12 consecutive months immediately before the date you register the property or filed at least 2 income tax returns as a B.C. resident in the last 6 years
- have never owned an interest in a principal residence anywhere in the world at any time
- have never received a first time home buyers' exemption or refund
and the property must:
- be located in B.C.
- only be used as your principal residence
- have a fair market value of:
- $425,000 or less if registered on or before February 18, 2014, or
- $475,000 or less if registered on or after February 19, 2014
- be 0.5 hectares (1.24 acres) or smaller
The data relating to real estate on this website comes in part from the MLS® Reciprocity program of either the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver (REBGV), the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board (FVREB) or the Chilliwack and District Real Estate Board (CADREB). Real estate listings held by participating real estate firms are marked with the MLS® logo and detailed information about the listing includes the name of the listing agent. This representation is based in whole or part on data generated by either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy. The materials contained on this page may not be reproduced without the express written consent of either the REBGV, the FVREB or the CADREB.